Saturday, February 11, 2006

I went to the Big Head Todd and The Monsters show tonight because my mom wanted to go and it's her b-day tomorrow. It was kinda hard getting into the whole groove of a rock concert with my mom there but I am convinced of the benefits of "dance therapy". I am sure that everyone has heard of the hole "smile therapy" craze that swept Asia and then parts of the U.S. about a decade ago in which you were forced to smile with the theory that physical action entailing a certain emotion will trick the body into feeling that emotion.
Well, of course, you dance when you are happy and enjoying good music. So it follows... Well it is hard for me to let loose with my 57 (now 58) year old mom standing behind me. So I started dancing emphatically (with the help of a few beers), and it works. I even started dancing with group of cute girls who were next to us. When the show was over, my mom exclaimed, "It was a gift just to see you having such a good time". Love you Mom!

3 Comments:

Blogger t. bizzle said...

my life is validated solely by the comments my friends leave on my blog...this explains why I have been in the fetal position for the past two days refreshing this page on my computer. Thanks a lot a-hole. Dunk doesn't count. He's a fair weather blogger.

2/13/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

todd,

that was a really nice story. you need to get out more often.

your friend,
lisa

2/13/2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

maybe you should give your mom your blog address.

2/13/2006 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home