Thursday, May 04, 2006

I think I may be addicted to NPR. This was evidenced when I am the only person in two of my classes who can comment to the professor on "this thing they heard on NPR the other day." This means that I have entered the realm of geezerhood at the ripe old age of 24. I know it doesn't sound that old but ask Mustard, or Holliwell. There is a marked difference between 24 and 23 that none of us had expected. This might not be so evident to Mustard since he was old at 21, but for a guy who is in his "mid twenties" and still a junior in college, who still wants to get his masters, and who still wants to go be a park ranger for a couple of years before making his millions, this is near tragic. Basically, I feel I am too old to feel as young as I do. Asking my mom for money at the age at which she already had three kids, asking my dad for money at the age at which he was working on his second masters is not as cool as I never thought about.


I am that guy in class who has read the required AND supplemental material and has his papers done on time. I need a gray wig instead of my cargo shorts, New Balances, and super cool vintage T-shirts. I need to go buy some plaid button up shirts, and some jeans from Wal-Mart then I will look my age. Then I will sit in the front of all my classes and make comments and ask questions while completely oblivious to the eyerolling occuring behind me. I will become best friends with the professor and/or TA and totally fuck up the curve.


Then I will go out an party in a dress till all hours of the night and hook up with random chicks/friends of the opposite sex to the delight of my friends who will ridicule me until they realize that i am oblivious to their jabs. For I am a master of rationalizing my actions no matter how dispicable.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

there are so many things i could say to that...

5/06/2006 7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, oh lisa! your restaint impresses me. not usually. but for these 5 minutes it does.

todd, (i accidentally typed toddy. haha how cute!) i just wanted to make sure you understood that shirts that contain such lame sayings as "duluth is on fire" are not considered vintage tees. i dont want you to be misguided about the super coolness of said tees!

5/08/2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger K.Neugat said...

Dear Todd,
It is Hollowell. Not Holliwell. That is more like Holliflower or something. I really don't think you are that old, you are just crabby. I know this because I myself am a touch crabby at times. (see my comment on your comment on my last blog)

Much love,
Kate

5/08/2006 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you are addicted to cock Todd!

5/10/2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger t. bizzle said...

It's true... but even so that was a ridiculously lame burn. No wonder you chose to stay anonymous.

5/10/2006 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home