Friday, September 29, 2006

So there is obviously a difference between funny and stand up funny. One is different than the other in that one stands on stage while the other talks to his/her freiends but I always thought that I could make the jump to on stage funny if I really had to. I know that it is my blog readers' jobs to keep me tethered to the earth, while also lifting me up on their shoulders, while also crushing my self esteem beneath the heels of their boots of criticism. A friend told me the other day that the one friend that they knew who was actually funny had moved away and that now they didn't know anyone else who was funny. I just stared at them aghast.


"You don't think I'm funny?" I asked. "You're hilarious but you funny isn't who you are." This just didn't compute. I'm an egoist and pretty much think that I can do anything, not necessarily better than everyone else, but definetley better that anyone else. I've always thought that I could get up on a stage and make people wet themselves. Am I not funny? This egoist needs stroking.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

have you carried any disabled people up the stairs at your gym yet? or how about busted any ephedra users? now THAT was funny.

9/30/2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

you know what else was funny? when you claimed that you wanted to hang out with us and claimed friday night, and then pussed out. hilarious!

9/30/2006 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're funny when you think you're smokin hot...

10/02/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger K.Neugat said...

by commenting on this blog I am stroking your ego. ew. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

10/04/2006 12:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

your lack of blogging doesn't help with your funniness rating at all.

10/23/2006 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone know that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

1/18/2010 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home